Overwhelmed? You could use a second set of eyes/hands? Based on some of these articles you think I might be able to help? Let’s talk. I live for this stuff and genuinely enjoy helping ship operators collect good data and helping oceanographers turn that data into useful information. I’m serious, I welcome new challenges and really would like to help.
Bringing a new vessel online? It’s fun right? I would welcome the chance to share with you the lessons I’ve learned over the last 8 years working with ROVs, Multibeam and Side-scan sonars, satellite communication systems, intercoms (including wireless), shipboard computer networks, data loggers, closed-circuit TV systems, shipboard entertainment networks, and HD/SD video system (collection–>distribution–>streaming–>storing/accessing).
Overview of Experience/Skills:
- Ship-board Network Design
- Network Security, Firewall Design
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Close-Circuit TV Systems
- Entertainment Networks
- ROV and Multibeam control room design (as integrated and as fly-away systems)
- Telepresence Implementation (Real-time video/audio/data with shore-side participants)
- High and Standard Definition (HD/SD) Video Capture, Processing, Streaming and Storage.
- Video Management Plans
- Data Management Plans
- Automated Data Collection
- Data Processing and Visualization
- Data Archival
- Web-portal Design
- Custom Software Development
- Ship-to-Shore VoIP Phones and VoIP intercom systems
- Experience with Multibeam and Dual-body ROV systems
- Experience as an ROV Pilot and ROV Navigator
- Experience managing a team and managing subcontracted companies
- Understanding the value of prompt and complete communication, detailed documentation with accompanying illustrations.
- Willingness to travel and go to sea
- NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration and Research
- Neptune Canada
- Schmidt Ocean Institute
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- University of Rhode Island
As much as I enjoy what I do, I can’t do it for free. My day rate depends on the job. Can I do the job from my office in Rhode Island? Do I need to come out the ship/site (please)? Does the job require I go to sea (pretty please)? All of this factors into the equation.